Monday, January 14, 2008

Pathetic



So many of you know that we are living in the Northeast. And many of you would have expected that we would see some nice "white" winters while we were here. As the snow deprived Arizona kid I am, I once thought this too. We first started hearing about this HUGE snow storm that would hit on Sunday night. I was immediately thinking three day weekend. Seminary for the kids in our ward was already canceled, even before one drop of precipitation hit the ground. The gigantic storm was slated to arrive around 9 pm. As I sat at the computer, writing a paper for school, I would check weather.com on the status of this enormous storm. Word on the street said we'd get 8-12 inches in our area. 9 pm rolled around and nothing. It was only until 10 pm that I started to see a few flakes fall. I was thinking that these suckers better start falling faster if we were to get that 8-12 inches. I checked the weather again. 5-8 inches. It started to pick up around 11:30 pm. By the time I went to bed 30 minutes later, it had dropped off significantly. So much for the three day weekend.

I woke up this morning and looked out the window to assess the damages of the grandiose storm that rolled through the night. Pathetic. That was my first thought. Pathetic. I could see the grass still poking through the snow. This is what everyone was worrying about? Finding out Santa wasn't real was less of a let down.

I've lost all hope. The one positive? Watching Connecticut drivers take on the roads when there is snow present. Funny stuff. I guess it really goes to show that snow is something they don't see here too often.

6 comments:

cheryl said...

poor deprived Arizona boy--maybe there is still hope???????

Em said...

You should be grateful for any kind of snow. The drivers there probably drive the same way as people do here when it rains.

Rhonda said...

Yeah... you Arizona boy who thought we were "in for it" for a good THREE days.

Up here in Little Town, we did get a solid 5" of snow. The kids could still sled today.

I still will take the drivers here over the stupid "snow birds" in Tucson or Mesa, Gilbert and the likes.

Rhonda said...

...one more note!

Did you see my post today?

Better yet... did you see Rachel's "handi-work?"

Still crying!

Eric the Great said...

@Rhonda

I just saw your post. I was going to continue with my comments on the CT drivers and snow, but I'll reserve them for another time.

I can’t argue with you about the snow birds. I just find the snow drivers more amusing.

I’m surprised someone has yet to comment on the Utah drivers....

Rhonda said...

I thought I would save the "Utah" driver slams for Katie. She reads your blog and has a lot more to say on it than I do.

Katie?

Chime in....