Monday, November 15, 2010

26 years.... Really

So tomorrow I turn the big 26! Wow, I am feeling older now. I think back at my life and look at where I am now and I have been truly blessed. But now that I am a wife and mother nothing really seems to be for me. I don't know how to explain it, but everything I do I do for Eric, Avery and soon to be Remi. I never do anything for me anymore. Kind of sad I know. Sometimes I wish I could go back to being a little girl and have my Mom and Dad take care of me. They still do, but its different as an adult and on your own. I just wish sometimes I could have them hold me and take care of me when I am sick and things like that. I guess that disappears when you get married and have kids, because they need to have that role from you. I don't even know why I am writing this. Maybe it is because I am sick and have 4 weeks left til Remi is here and I am just tired of everything right now. But I can't complain, I have a job, a home, a GREAT husband, and a beautiful daughter. So I guess Happy Birthday to me and keep bringing the Birthdays because I can handle it.

4 comments:

cheryl said...

Happy Birthday Ash! I'm so sad that you aren't feeling good. Ya is stinks to be a mom in that respect cuz moms aren't supposed to get sick. We are just expected to carry on & take care of everyone else. But I hope today is great for you, that you feel better & you get treated like like a queen!! Love you!!!

Sarah said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ashley! I hope you have a good day. I can't believe you are almost done. It does stink that we have to work, especially being pregnant, but life always seems to look up when we are feeling down. I'll get to see your baby soon after you have it!

The Five Reids said...

Ashley, I Miss you!!! And Avery misses little Avery. I can't believe that your baby is almost here. I can't wait to see her. Where are you delivering? I'm gonna come see you when your on maternity. xoxo

KAZ said...

Ashley Happy Birthday to you! A little late but I did get to talk to you on your day. I know exactly how you feel! I feel that way so many times, myself and I think I was 26 when it all happened. I felt so old and I wanted - still want to go back to the carefree days of when I didn't have to do all the laundry, pay the bills, or make sure two little kids are feed. I always wish that I could be the one out with my friends riding my bike and being care free.
But then I think there will be my time again when I can have a little carefree time, riding bikes and hanging out with friends again - which will probably be my children.
You are a great mom! I know how hard it is to do what you are doing. Just try to enjoy the time now because before you know it, they will be gone. Love you!