So most of you know that I am not the biggest fan of needles. I do have to say that I am improving when I do have to get shots or IV's. I don't cry as much as I used to. Well, Avery's two month appointment was just last Friday and I knew she was going to get some shots. I cringed for her. She was so happy and smiling, but little did she know what was coming her way. I had my sister, Amber, come with me. I knew I needed someone else there and Eric was at work. I know I am funny. We got there and the nurse took her stats again. She weighs 11.95 lbs., 23 in. long, and is in the higher 60% for both. She then came in with the shots and just wiped down her little thighs and the next thing we knew Avery was crying so hard. This was the hardest I heard her cry. I was holding her hands and Amber could see the tears in my eyes and she came over to help me. I did not like my little girl in so much pain. She cried for two min. and then she was out like a light. Over these last few days, I have been giving her some baby Tylenol for the pain and she has been sleeping more too. She is doing good and starting to feel better. Her left leg is sore due to the Tetnus shot that was given. We will keep you posted. Thanks Amb for helping me!
Happy Halloween!
10 years ago
3 comments:
I cried with all my kids shots. It is so hard! Britt
I'm glad she is feeling better. Do the bicycle with her little legs--it'll help with any stiffness. I really like your new background, Ash. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks!
Ouch! Those shots are miserable!! She sure is a beautiful baby girl.
Post a Comment