Monday, November 3, 2008

Grateful for the Gospel



Eric and I have not had the best of luck in the last few months with Cancer and our loved ones. In Sept. my Grandma Beckstrand lost her battle with cancer and it was really hard for me. I was lucky to get 10+ good years with her since she was first diagnosed. Just this past weekend, Eric's side of the family had a tragic passing of family member. Jeff, Emily's husband, ( Emily is Eric's oldest sister) passed away while going through his second round of treatment for the second time. He was diagnosed about 1 1/2 years ago with cancer. It happened so suddenly and it has been very hard for everyone. Jeff loved life and especially his own little family he and his high school sweetheart created together. Jeff loved Emily to the fullest. We all love Jeff and continue to pray for Emily and the kids. We are also praying for Jeff's family. Sometimes life is not fair, but we are grateful for the gospel and the comfort of knowing this life is not the end. Jeff also loved being a Dad to Carter, 5, and Kennedy, 1. He was a great man who wanted the best for his family. Times will be harder than others, but we will get through this. We will all get to see Jeff again and please for all you who read this- pray for Emily and her family. We appreciate the love and support that goes out to them. We love and miss you Jeff! See you soon.

6 comments:

Eric the Great said...

I miss you Jeff.

JAB0218 said...

Eric and Ashley - We are so sorry for your families loss and know that you and your whole family is in our thoughts and prayers. The gospel is a wonderful thing and how comforting to know that you will see him again.
Josh and Annette Beckstrand

Em said...

I miss him too! Carter lost his first tooth tonight and I thought I should be calling Jeff and then realized I can't but I'm sure he had a pretty good view from up there... Ash can you email me the bottom pic of Jeff and Kennedy for his video... thanks.

Brinkerhoffs said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Cindy-n-Steve said...

Cancer is so cruel. We share in your sorrow and our prayers are with Jeff's family. Love to all of you.

Deanna said...

Thank you for your inspiring words Ashley!